Damone Walker (born Damone Gervais Walker May 5, 1981) better known by the stage name DeeWunn, is a Jamaican emcee, songwriter and performer. Introduced by Jamaican dancehall group Ward 21, the Jamaican rapper is known for his rapid-fire flow; his style interchangeably fuses an exotic blend of hip-hop and Jamaican Patois.
Damone "DeeWunn" Walker
|Born||May 5, 1981|
St. Andrew, Jamaica
|Labels||Waxploitation, Ministry of Sound|
His viral single "Mek It Bunx Up" featuring Marcy Chin was signed to Sony UK's sub label Ministry of Sound and remixed by Australian rapper Iggy Azalea. Since its release, the single has garnered a combined total of 150,000,000 views on YouTube and over 20 million listens on Spotify.
Damone Walker was born in Kingston, Jamaica while raised in Spanish Town, St. Catherine, Jamaica. He attended St. Jago Preparatory School while graduating from St. Catherines High School in 1998. After high school, he pursued a career as a Medical Records Clerk at the Kingston Public Hospital.
In 2006, Walker had his first child. Never one to be satisfied with the hustle and bustle of a mundane 9 to 5 life, DeeWunn found himself creatively bursting at the seams. Lacking the freedom he truly required to attack his aspirations, in 2007, DeeWunn made the leap into a recording career.
In 2010, DeeWunn was scooped up as a songwriter and vocalist by legendary Dancehall Group, Ward 21, with whom he spent time penning songs for in-house artists such as Timberlee, Natalie Storm and more.
In 2013, his hit "Mek It Bunx Up" featuring Marcy Chin and produced by Kunley McCarthy of Ward 21 was released. What started out as a challenge to a running joke turned out an unexpected success that even DeeWunn himself did not see coming. Attracting attention from DJs like Diplo, BBC 1Xtra's Seani B, ZJ Johnny Kool, New York's Hot 97's Massive B and more, "Mek It Bunx Up" has been spun on major radio stations and in some of the hottest nightclubs across the globe.
In 2015, the song has also sparked an online dance craze after Parris Goebel (choreographer of Justin Bieber’s "Sorry" music video) recorded an impromptu performance to the single for YouTube alongside students from her class at Urban Dance Camp. Since her original upload, there have been many unique, independently made videos by dancers from around the world with combined views well into the millions. The track also made it to #30 on the Bulgarian Top 40 Radio Charts and reached #95 on Shazam's World Charts in January 2016.
DeeWunn worked in Portland, Jamaica, where he was contracted as a songwriter by the legendary GeeJam studios. (Spearheaded by Jon Baker.) He wrote songs for artists such as Mystic Davis, Charlie B, A-Game, Nailah, Nordia Baker, Lily Allen and more.
In October 2016, DeeWunn released his debut album Bunx Up - The Official Street LP.
In December 2016, Parris Goebel featured DeeWunn on her single "Dynamite" which is featured on her debut album Vicious.
In January 2018, DeeWunn collaborated with renowned Jamaican producer TJ Records for single "Tun Suh". The video was released in May and features Toronto's video vixen, fashion model, and recording artist, Aneesa Badshaw. The Indo-Guyanese model is known for her work with artists such as Cyhi The Prince and Drake.
March 2019, DeeWunn released "Back It Up, Drop It" which was featured in the Samsung S10 commercial.
In early 2015, Walker migrated to Montreal, Canada. He married his current spouse Reeva Ann Proctor on September 26, 2015.
- Bunx Up - The Official Street LP (2016), Billionaire Bootcamp Records
- "Jamdown Start Up"
- "Mek It Bunx Up" (ft. Marcy Chin)
- "High Grade, White Rum" (ft. Marcy Chin, Sly Rankin)
- "Gimme 60" (ft. Natalie Storm)
- "Get Vex" (ft. Timberlee)
- "Claat Gunshot" (ft. Kunley / Ward 21)
- "Gangsta Muzik"
- "In the Ghetto"
- "Mek It Bunx Up" (Senthova Remix)
- As lead artist
- “Paparazzi” (2008)
- “Swag Stays On” (Brain Freeze Riddim) (2010)
- “Talk Bout That” (Costra Nostra Riddim) (2010)
- “Volume (Remix)” ft. Point O (2011)
- “Tell Me Nut’n” (Monkey Barrel Riddim) (2012)
- “Step When Yuh Ready” (2012)
- "Mek It Bunx Up” ft. Marcy Chin (2013)
- “Your Got Me” ft. C.K (2013)
- “Jamdown Start Up” (Party Crumbz Riddim) (2014)
- “Benn Up” (2015)
- “In the Ghetto” (2016)
- “Ribbibunx” (2017)
- “Life Still Ah Keep” (2017)
- “Put It Pon Me” (ft. Natel) (2018)
- “Tun Suh” (2018)
- As featured artist
- “Dynamite” - PARRI$ (Parris Goebel) ft. DeeWunn - Vicious album
- “Mic Magician” – Ward 21 / Marcy Chin / DeeWunn - Germaica / Nothing Unusual album
- “Nothing Unusual” - Ward 21 / Point O / DeeWunn, produced by Kunley (Ward 21), Wiletunes
- “Pepper Pot Ting” – Ward 21 / DeeWunn, produced by South Rakkas, Topp Entertainment
- “You Hate Me” – Tifa / DeeWunn (Get Bex Riddim), produced by Kunley (Ward 21), Wiletunes
- “Streets on Fire” - T.O.K / Ward 21 / C.K / DeeWunn, produced by Kunley (Ward 21), Wiletunes
- “Walking on Air” – LOC (Tony Locinto) / DeeWunn
- “Nuh Sleep” – Ward 21 / DeeWunn (TakeOver Riddim), produced by Corey Todd, Notnice Records
- 2015 - Scrapbook - The Lost Tapes
- 2015 - Banggaz II
- 2014 – Banggaz – The Playlist Mix
- 2013 - #MiBadYuhFuck Vol. 2
- 2012 - #MidBadYuhFuck
- 2011 - When Darkness Fallz
- 2010 - Lungz on Fyah
- 2009 - D.E.E
- 2008 - Me & Mine
- 2007 - Truthfulli Speakin’
- "COMING SOON – Stay Tuned For The Website Launch This Fall!!!!". www.deewunn.com. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "DeeWunn Kicks Off Second Canadian Tour In The Capital City". Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "Parris Goebel's EP Vicious has released and early reactions are hugely positive". New Zealand Herald. 2016-12-18. ISSN 1170-0777. Retrieved 2017-03-28.