Decoy (1934 film)
Decoy (German: Lockvogel) is a 1934 German adventure film directed by Hans Steinhoff and starring Jakob Tiedtke, Viktor de Kowa and Jessie Vihrog. A separate French-language version The Decoy was released the following year with a largely different cast.
|Directed by||Hans Steinhoff|
|Produced by||Karl Ritter|
|Music by||Friedrich Wilhelm Rust|
|Edited by||Willy Zeyn|
A young man is commissioned by his jeweler father to take a valuable necklace from Istanbul to Marseille. While on the sea voyage he is targeted by a gang of thieves, using a beautiful woman as a decoy. He is eventually assisted by another woman who is secretly in love with him.
- Jakob Tiedtke as Juwelier Schott
- Viktor de Kowa as Schott junior
- Jessie Vihrog as Sibyl Termeer
- Fritz Rasp as de Groot, ihr Vormund
- Hilde Weissner as Delia Donovan
- Oskar Sima as Makarian
- Paul Westermeier as Robert, Kapitän
- Gerhard Bienert as 1. Offizier an Bord der 'Adrian Termeer'
- Hugo Fischer-Köppe as 2. Offizier an Bord der 'Adrian Termeer'
- Gertrud Wolle as Dame an Bord
- Hans Hermann Schaufuß as Herr an Bord
- Egon Brosig
- Josef Dahmen as Bandit
- Alfred Gerasch as Perser
- Inge Kadon as Perserin
- Sonja Krenzisky as Bumbawa
- Hede Mehrmann as Weisse Tänzerin
- Gustav Püttjer as Matrose
- Louis Ralph as Bandit
- Ernst Rotmund as Kriminallkommisar
- Werner Stock as Matrose
- Bock & Bergfelder p. 460
- Bock, Hans-Michael; Bergfelder, Tim, eds. (2009). The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopaedia of German Cinema. Berghahn Books. ISBN 978-1-57181-655-9.