Debt of Honour
Debt of Honour is a 1936 British drama film directed by Norman Walker and starring Leslie Banks, Will Fyffe, Geraldine Fitzgerald and Garry Marsh. Based on a story by Sapper, and scripted by Tom Geraghty and Cyril Campion, the film is also known as The Man Who Could Not Forget.
|Debt of Honour|
|Directed by||Norman Walker|
|Produced by||John Corfield|
|Written by||Cyril Campion |
Thomas J. Geraghty
Herman C. McNeile (story)
|Starring||Leslie Banks |
|Distributed by||General Film Distributors|
|27 March 1936|
- Leslie Banks as Major Jimmie Stanton
- Will Fyffe as Fergus McAndrews
- Geraldine Fitzgerald as Peggy Mayhew
- Niall MacGinnis as Lieutenant Peter Stretton
- Reginald Purdell as Pedro Salvas
- Garry Marsh as Bill
- Stewart Rome as Major Purvis
- Phyllis Dare as Mrs Stretton
- Joyce Kennedy as Lady Bracebury
- William Kendall as Paul Martin
- Randle Ayrton as Captain Turner
- Eric Cowley as Richard Denham
- David Horne as Colonel Mayhew
- [Kathleen Davis] as Kamara
- Debt of Honour (1936), BFI.
- Wood p.85
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.