|Directed by||William A. Seiter|
|Written by||Devery Freeman|
Billy De Wolfe
|Music by||Van Cleave|
|Cinematography||John F. Seitz|
|Edited by||Alma Macrorie|
|May 30, 1951|
Miriam Wilkins (Mona Freeman) is as usual trying to help more than her family can bear. She has founded an association for rehabilitation of former prisoners. Her father is honorary president without knowing it. As one convicted, Mr. Baxter, is set free on parole she sees the opportunity for her association to get in action. She hires Baxter as gardener letting him live in their house (over the garage). As it turns out his conviction had been imposed by Judge Wilkins, now senator, the situation in the house gets a bit chaotic.
In March 1950 Paramount announced they would make a sequel to Dear Wife called Dear Mom. Arthur Sheekman and Jack Sher were assigned to write the script and Robert Welsch was to produce.
In August 1950 Norman McLeod was suspended by Paramount for refusing to direct the movie. The same month the movie was retitled Dear Brat. It was to be based on an original story by Deverey Freeman and produced by Mel Epstein. Filming was to begin in October. In October Lyle Bettger was cast. Joan Caulfield and William Holden did not return from the first two movies.
Comic book adaption
- Eastern Color Movie Love #10 (August 1951)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-20. Retrieved 2011-06-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- from wikipedia Article Dear Wife: PARAMOUNT PLANS 'DEAR RUTH' SEQUEL: Studio's Production 'Dear Wife' Will Use Available Members of Original Film's Cast By THOMAS F. BRADY Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 06 Dec 1947: 11.
- R.K.O. ORDERS FILM ABOUT SUPER-BOMB: New York Times 11 Mar 1950: 8.
- PARAMOUNT PLANS NEW FILM FOR HOPE New York Times 15 Aug 1950: 25.
- Studio Plans a Third Movie on the 'Dear Ruth' Theme: Looking at Hollywood... Hedda Hopper's Staff. Chicago Daily Tribune 29 Aug 1950: a2.
- WEIDMAN'S NOVEL WILL BE FOX MOVIE: New York Times 29 Aug 1950: 22.
- Powerful Heavy Bettger Changes Pace Los Angeles Times 21 Oct 1950: A7.
- PARAMOUNT BUYS UNPUBLISHED BOOK New York Times 21 Oct 1950: 11.
- "Movie Love #10". Grand Comics Database.