Deadlock (1931 film)
Deadlock is a 1931 British crime film directed by George King and starring Stewart Rome, Marjorie Hume and Warwick Ward. It is on the British Film Institute's list of the 75 Most Wanted list of lost films.
|Directed by||George King|
|Produced by||George King|
|Written by||Charles Bennett (story)|
Billie Bristow (story)
H. Fowler Mear
George King Productions
|Distributed by||Butcher's Film Service|
A murder takes place in a film studio during the shooting of a new film.
- Stewart Rome as James Whitelaw
- Marjorie Hume as Mrs Whitelaw
- Warwick Ward as Markham Savage
- Annette Benson as Madeleine d'Arblay
- Esmond Knight as John Tring
- Janice Adair as Joan Whitelaw
- Alma Taylor as Mrs. Tring
- Cameron Carr as Tony Makepeace
- Hay Plumb as Publicist
- Pauline Peters as Maid
- Kiyoshi Takase as Taki
- Philip Godfrey as Nifty Weekes
- Harold Saxon-Snell as Prosecutor
- "Deadlock". British Film Institute.
- "Deadlock / BFI Most Wanted". British Film Institute. Archived from the original on 3 August 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Foot lights and film flickers THE KINEMA". Western Mail. XLVI, (2, 361). Western Australia. 14 May 1931. p. 4. Retrieved 26 October 2018 – via National Library of Australia.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)