Dead Men Tell No Tales (1938 film)
Dead Men Tell No Tales is a 1938 British thriller film directed by David MacDonald and starring Emlyn Williams, Sara Seegar and Hugh Williams. It is based on the 1935 novel The Norwich Victims by Francis Beeding. The film was made at Welwyn Studios.
|Dead Men Tell No Tales|
|Directed by||David MacDonald|
|Produced by||John Corfield|
|Written by||Francis Beeding (novel) Stafford Dickens |
|Starring||Emlyn Williams |
|Music by||W.L. Trytel|
|Edited by||James Corbett|
|Distributed by||Associated British Film Distributors|
An English schoolteacher wins a French lottery, but on her way to Paris she is murdered and an imposter attempts to claim her prize.
- Emlyn Williams as Dr. Headlam
- Sara Seegar as Marjorie
- Hugh Williams as Detective Inspector Martin
- Marius Goring as Greening
- Lesley Brook as Elizabeth Orme
- Christine Silver as Miss Haslett
- Clive Morton as Frank Fielding
- Ann Wilton as Bridget
- Jack Vyvian as Crump
- Marjorie Dale as The Singer
- Hal Gordon as Sergeant
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES (1938)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 16 April 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Wood p.94
- Shafer, Stephen C. British popular films, 1929-1939: the cinema of reassurance. Routledge, 1997.