A day school—as opposed to a boarding school—is an educational institution where children (or high school–age adolescents) are given instruction during the day, after which the students return to their homes. A day school has full-day programs (when compared to after-school programs).
A one-day school is a one-off series of lectures or classes, taking place on a single day, usually on a particular topic and usually directed at adult learners with little time to spare.
- "Day school definition, a school open for instruction on weekdays only, usually from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m." "Day school - dictionary.com".
- "Founded in 1969. The Day School is one of the best preschools in the ... area." "Preschool, Mothers Morning Out - The Day School".
- "It was graduation day for the Steppingstone Day School in Kew Gardens, Queens, and the 5-year-olds in their little white gowns and mortarboards ..." Michael T. Kaufman (June 23, 1993). "A Graduation Ceremony Earns Special Cheers". The New York Times.
- "... for students in grades 3K-12. "Day School: Independent Private School".
- "One-Day School. This 1-day, 4-hour school is designed to give players an overview of golf in a shortened time period." "One-Day School - Chelsea Piers NYC".