Davidson's Mains is a former village which is now a district in the north west of Edinburgh, Scotland. It is adjacent to the districts of Barnton, Cramond, Silverknowes, Blackhall and Corbiehill/House O'Hill.
The district is named after Davidsons Mains, mains being a farm estate, linked to William Davidson, a wealthy merchant, who bought Muirhouse, east of the district, in 1776. Prior to the 19th century it was known as Muttonhole. The origin of this name is unknown, though it perhaps refers to the local sheep farming industry. "Mains" is a Lowland Scots term equivalent to the English home farm.
Within the district there is a variety of shops and businesses, ranging from cobblers to large supermarkets, as well as food outlets of various kinds. The district is also served by four churches, a Tesco, 2 veterinary surgery, a doctor's surgery, two dental surgeries, the Corbie and other takeaways, a primary school and a Greggs. The state secondary school that serves the area is the Royal High School. There is D'mains park near the High school which has a play park and a football pitch.
The district is currently served by two bus routes run by Lothian Buses: the 21 which travels to the Gyle Centre via Clermiston and to Leith in the other direction; and the 41 which travels from Cramond to Morningside.
- "Davidson's Mains (Muttonhole)". Gazetteer for Scotland.
- "A Brief History of Davidson's Mains". Archived from the original on 4 September 2014.
- "home". Davidson's Mains Primary School. Retrieved 2 January 2016.