David and Goliath (1960 film)
|David and Goliath|
|Music by||Carlo Innocenzi|
|Edited by||Franco Fraticelli|
|Distributed by||Embassy Pictures|
The Prophet Samuel foretells a new king will rule Israel to the dismay of King Saul and his cousin and commander in chief Abner. King Saul has been having a streak of bad luck since the Philistine captivity of the Ark and fears the newcomer but doesn't know who the new king will be.
The unsuspecting shepherd David visits Jerusalem where he is identified as the king. Abner decides to test his wisdom by asking how the Israelites can get around the Philistines' imposed edict that the only ones who may lawfully bear arms in defeated Israel are the officers of Saul's court and his palace guard. David replies that the Philistines have set no limit on the number of officers or palace guards.
- Orson Welles as King Saul
- Ivica Pajer as David. Credited as Ivo Payer in the movie.
- Hilton Edwards as Prophet Samuel
- Massimo Serato as Abner
- Eleonora Rossi Drago as Merab
- Giulia Rubini as Michael
- Pierre Cressoy as Jonathan
- Furio Meniconi as Asrod, King of the Philistines
- Aldo Pedinotti credited as "Kronos" as Goliath
- Dante Maggio as Cret
- Luigi Tosi as Benjamin of Gaba
- Umberto Fiz as Lazar
- Ugo Sasso as Huro
- Hughes, Howard (2011). Cinema Italiano - The Complete Guide From Classics To Cult. London - New York: I.B.Tauris. ISBN 978-1-84885-608-0.