David Walker (RAF administrative officer)
Air Marshal Sir David Allan Walker, (born 14 July 1956) is a Director at Alexander Mann Solutions, and a member of the Advisory Board of Auticon. He is a former senior Royal Air Force officer and Master of the Household to the Sovereign.
David Allan Walker
|Born||14 July 1956|
|Service/||Royal Air Force|
|Years of service||1974–2011|
|Commands held||Training Group RAF|
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order|
Officer of the Order of the British Empire
|Other work||Extra Equerry to The Queen|
Deputy Lieutenant of Gloucestershire
Walker was commissioned in the Administrative Branch of the Royal Air Force (RAF) on 1 September 1974. He was regraded to pilot officer on 15 July 1977 (seniority 15 October 1975), promoted to flying officer on 15 January 1978 (seniority 15 April 1976), and promoted to flight lieutenant on 15 October 1980. Walker was appointed a Member of the Royal Victorian Order (MVO) in 1992, and an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 1995.
Walker became Station commander at RAF Halton in 1997, Director of Corporate Communications for the RAF in 1998 and Director of Personnel and Training Policy in 2002. He went on to be Air Officer Commanding the RAF Training Group in 2003 before being seconded to Buckingham Palace in 2005 as Master of the Household to the Sovereign. Walker was knighted as a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (KCVO) in the 2011 Birthday Honours, being invested in a personal audience with Queen Elizabeth II on 13 July 2011.
On retiring from the Royal Household in 2013, Walker joined HSBC as Senior Advisor to the Group Executive Chairman, and undertook a similar role as an independent consultant to Barclays Bank, from 2014 to 2015, advising the Group CEO. In 2015 he joined the Board of Alexander Mann Solutions, and became a Senior Advisor to PwC until 2018. In 2016 he became a member of the Advisory Board of Auticon, a social enterprise providing employment for autistic people in IT consulting.
- "No. 46432". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 December 1974. p. 12879.
- "No. 47311". The London Gazette (Supplement). 26 August 1977. p. 11142.
- "No. 47437". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 January 1978. p. 609.
- "No. 48366". The London Gazette (Supplement). 10 November 1980. p. 15626.
- "Air Vice-Marshal David Walker, OBE, MVO". Debrett's. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- The Court Circular, 13 July 2011
- "No. 59808". The London Gazette (Supplement). 11 June 2011. p. 3.
- "HM The Queen's Birthday Honours List – 2011". Daily Telegraph. London. 11 June 2011. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
| Air Officer Commanding Training Group
Sir Anthony Blackburn
| Master of the Household