|Education||University College Dublin|
|RTÉ News and Current Affairs|
He began his journalistic career working for the Evening Press. He is Political Correspondent with Raidió Teilifís Éireann, along with David Davin-Power. He has been Political Correspondent in RTÉ since 2001. He presents Behind Closed Doors on RTÉ One which details released State Documents. He has also presented The Week in Politics and election and referendum programmes on RTÉ. He was appointed to present the current affairs programme, Prime Time, in September 2013.
In 1999, he won a prize under the category 'TV features and documentaries' in the ESB national media awards. He has also written the book A Makeshift Majority: The first inter-party government, 1948-51, and a biography of John A. Costello. The Reluctant Taoiseach: A Biography of John A Costello, was launched in 2010.
- New role for David McCullagh as RTÉ's Prime Time presenter RTÉ News, 2013-09-04.
- Miriam Lord (27 June 2009). "TDs learn not to distract revitalised Taoiseach". The Irish Times. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- "Behind Closed Doors: Presenter". RTÉ News. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- "Gill and Macmillan: The Reluctant Taoiseach". Gill and Macmillan. Archived from the original on 5 December 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- Daniel McConnell (27 April 2008). "US snub for RTÉ political combo". Irish Independent. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- "McDowell's lofty perch". The Irish Times. 17 April 2003. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- "Moloney wins ESB Journalist of the Year award". The Irish Times. 2 November 1999. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- John Bruton (9 October 2010). "Costello: the forgotten taoiseach". The Irish Times. Retrieved 18 October 2010.