David Cooper (RAF officer)
Air Vice Marshal David John Edwin Cooper, CBE is a senior Royal Air Force officer.
|Service/||Royal Air Force|
|Years of service||1988–|
|Rank||Air Vice Marshal|
|Commands held||No. 22 Group RAF|
No. 617 Squadron RAF
War in Afghanistan
|Awards||Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service
Cooper was commissioned into the Royal Air Force (RAF) on 27 March 1988. He became officer commanding No. 617 Squadron RAF in April 2008. He went on to be Station Commander RAF Marham in November 2011, Director Air Operations for NATO in November 2013 and Joint Force Air Component Commander in Afghanistan in November 2014. He was awarded the Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service for service on this tour. He became the Air Officer Commanding No. 2 Group RAF in June 2017.
Cooper was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2014 Birthday Honours.
- "No. 51357". The London Gazette (Supplement). 6 June 1988. p. 6623.
- "RAF Marham Group Captain's 'high-octane' time in charge". 20 November 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Armed Forces Operational Awards List No 44". RAF. July 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Senior RAF appointments" (PDF). Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "No. 60895". The London Gazette (Supplement). 14 June 2014. p. b8.
| Air Officer Commanding No. 2 Group
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.