|Place of birth||Bridgeville, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Playing position||Forward / Midfielder|
|1988–1990||Milwaukee Wave (indoor)||50||(8)|
|1994||Pittsburgh Stingers (indoor)||18||(7)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Kasper grew up in the Pittsburgh area playing for Pittsburgh Beadling. He graduated from Chartiers Valley High School. He attended the University of Maryland, playing for the Terrapins soccer team from 1983 to 1987. He graduated with a bachelor's degree in marketing. In 1988, the Los Angeles Lazers selected Kasper in the Major Indoor Soccer League draft, but did not sign him. He turned professional that year with the Milwaukee Wave of the American Indoor Soccer Association. He spent two seasons with the Wave. In 1994, Kasper signed with the expansion Pittsburgh Stingers of the Continental Indoor Soccer League. The Stingers released him on June 29, 1995.
Kasper coached the Upper St. Clair High School boys team. He also coached the Sewickley Academy soccer team from 1991 to 1994, compiling a 38–17–3 record. He also coached the Beadling U-17 team. In April 1994, Duquesne University hired him as the school's first soccer coach. However, the team did not play its first season until 1995. He had a 15–31–7 record over three seasons.
On March 16, 1998, Kasper became the vice-president and general manager of the Pittsburgh Riverhounds. In January 2001, Kasper became the director of business development for the New England Revolution of Major League Soccer. On December 20, 2001, D.C. United hired Kasper as the team's technical director. He remained in that position until September 20, 2007, when he became D.C. United's general manager.
- Beadling Alumni Archived October 5, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Maryland Terrapins All Time Roster Archived October 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- June 29, 1995 Transactions
- Char Valley grad Kasper eager to put bite in Riverdogs
- Kasper named Duquesne soccer coach
- Duquesne Soccer
- Revs Director of Business Development Dave Kasper Announces Departure
- Dave Kasper Named Technical Director of D.C. United
- "Dave Kasper". D.C. United. Archived from the original on December 4, 2010. Retrieved January 29, 2011.