Danish Maritime Accident Investigation Board
The Danish Maritime Accident Investigation Board (DMAIB, Danish: Den Maritime Havarikommission) is the maritime accident investigation agency of Denmark, headquartered in Valby, Copenhagen. It is an agency of the Ministry of Business and Growth Denmark.
Previously the Danish Maritime Authority's Division for Investigation of Maritime Accidents investigated maritime accidents. A European Union directive asks countries to establish maritime investigation authorities that are independent of the maritime administration divisions. The bill L xx will cause Denmark to establish a new maritime investigation agency.
- "Home." Danish Maritime Accident Investigation Board. Retrieved on 30 April 2013. "Carl Jacobsens Vej 29 DK-2500 Valby"
- "New maritime accident investigation board on its way Archived 2013-04-30 at WebCite." (Archive) Danish Maritime Authority. 28 February 2011. Retrieved on 16 January 2012.
- "Den Maritime Havarikommission har afløst Opklaringsenheden." (Archive) SØFARTEN OG DANMARK. 4. November 2011. nr. 44. p. 8
- Danish Maritime Accident Investigation Board
- Act no. 457 of 18 May 2011 on safety investigations of marine accidents. (Archive) - English translation of Danish document
- (in Danish) Act no. 457 of 18 May 2011 on safety investigations of marine accidents. (Archive) - The original Danish version has legal authority