The Very Rev Professor Daniel Lamont DD, MA (1870-1950) was an eminent Church of Scotland Minister and academic. He was a Professor of Theology at New College, Edinburgh from 1927 to 1945; and Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland from 1936 to 1937.
He died on 4 May 1950. He is buried in Morningside Cemetery, Edinburgh towards the south-east.
- Studies in the Johannine Writings (1905 reprinted in 1956)
- Fifty Two Sermons by the Rev William Howels, i.e. William Howels.
- The Times, Saturday, 19 Oct 1935; pg. 15; Issue 47199; col F News in Brief Church of Scotland Moderator Nomination
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- The Times, Saturday, 6 May 1950; pg. 6; Issue 51684; col D Obituary Very Rev. Professor Daniel Lamont