Daniel (or Danijel) Ivin (born Danko Goldstein; 16 April 1932, Karlovac) is a Yugoslav-born Croatian, writer, politician and human rights activist.
16 April 1932
|Other names||Danijel Ivin|
|Known for||Co-founding the Croatian Social Liberal Party (HSLS)|
|Parent(s)||Ivo and Lea Goldstein|
|Relatives||Slavko Goldstein (brother)|
Ivo Goldstein (nephew)
As a boy, Danko joined the Partisans and served as a courier. At the end of 1942, he watched over Ustaše captive Jure Francetić and informed the Partisan headquarters about the latter's health. He changed his name from Danko to Daniel/Danijel, and surname from Goldstein to Ivin (meaning son of Ivo) in honour of his late father.
From 1949–52, Ivin lived in Israel and served in Israel Defense Forces. Upon his return to Croatia he worked as a journalist. Later he worked under Franjo Tuđman at the "Institute for history of the labor movement" in Zagreb. In 1966, for his attempt to start the non-Communist newspaper Slobodna riječ (Free word), he was sentenced to several months in prison under charges of organizing the assassination on Josip Broz Tito.
In 1993 he co-founded the Croatian Helsinki Committee, serving as president in 2007. In 2012 he was elected as a new president of the "Council of the Croatian anti-fascists".
- Hrvatsko pitanje: Nitko ne gleda kroz prozor sam (1999), Nakladni Zavod Matice Hrvatske, Zagreb
- Revolution und Evolution in Jugoslawien (1968), Francke Verlag, Bern
- "Holocaust Survivors and Victims Database: Daniel Ivin". United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- Danko Plevnik (April 10, 2010). "Zatezalo demantira Tuđmana: U Jadovnu su ustaše ubili 40.000 ljudi u 132 dana" (in Croatian). Slobodna Dalmacija. Archived from the original on January 12, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Ivo Izchak Goldstein". Pages of testimony by Daniel Ivin Goldstein (son). Yad Vashem. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
- "Danijel Ivin u Nedjeljom u 2: Bleiburg nije bio gubiliÂšte". Arhiva.dalje.com. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Danijel Ivin novi predsjednik HHO-a" (in Croatian). Jutarnji list. May 11, 2007. Archived from the original on January 12, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- HINA (December 11, 2012). "Daniel Ivin novi predsjednika Savjeta antifašista RH" (in Croatian). Novi list. Retrieved February 13, 2013.