Daniel Antonsson is a musician and songwriter from Gothenburg, Sweden, formerly playing guitar in Dimension Zero. He is also the former bassist for Dark Tranquillity, playing on the album We Are the Void, and former guitarist for Soilwork, recording with them on their album Sworn to a Great Divide. He uses Esp Nv-std guitar and Mayones Guitars & Basses.
|Born||16 December 1974|
|Genres||Melodic death metal, death metal, thrash metal, power metal, alternative metal|
|Years active||1995 - present|
|Associated acts||Dark Tranquillity, Dimension Zero, Soilwork, Pathos, Meridian Dawn|
His music career started in a band called "Pathos".
On 18 March 2014, a heavy metal band considered a supergroup with mostly Swedish members named Akani, was announced and formed by Antonsson himself on Co-Guitar, Jorge Rosado (Merauder, ex-Ill Niño) on Vocals, Anders Björler (At the Gates, ex-The Haunted) on Co-Guitar, Victor Brandt (Dominion, ex-Aeon, ex-Entombed, ex-Satyricon) on Bass guitar & Anders Lowgren (Dead Reprise) on Drums. On the same day, the band released a song titled "Who's to Blame?" from their upcoming four-song seven-inch single called "Santa Muerte", where the album art was released as well. Santa Muerte was released in March 2014 through Demons Run Amok Records and the release was produced, recorded and mixed by the band themselves and with Martin Jacobsson at Rovljud Studios in Örebro.
with Dimension Zero
- Sworn to a Great Divide (2007)
with Dark Tranquillity
- Serba, John. "Review: This is Hell". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- Jurek, Thom. "Review: Sworn to a Great Divide". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Review: DIMENSION ZERO". Retrieved 14 May 2010.
- "Review". The Official Soilwork website. www.soilwork.org. Archived from the original on March 11, 2010. Retrieved 14 May 2010.