Dancing with Crime
Dancing with Crime is a 1947 British film noir film directed by John Paddy Carstairs, starring Richard Attenborough, Barry K. Barnes and Sheila Sim. It was shot at Southall Studios with sets designed by the art director Andrew Mazzei.
|Dancing with Crime|
|Directed by||John Paddy Carstairs|
|Produced by||James Carter|
|Written by||Peter Fraser (story)|
Brock Williams (screenplay)
|Starring||Richard Attenborough |
Barry K. Barnes
|Music by||Benjamin Frankel|
|Edited by||Eily Boland|
|Distributed by||Paramount British Pictures|
|25 June 1947|
Boyhood friends and comrades in the Army, Ted Peters (Richard Attenborough) and Dave Robinson (Bill Rowbotham) are back in civvies. Ted becomes a taxi driver and hopes to marry Joy Goodall (Sheila Sim), a pretty chorus girl. Dave, seeking easy money, joins a gang which has its headquarters in a suburban palais-de-danse. The gang is headed by a man called Gregory (Barry Jones), and includes Paul Baker (Barry K. Barnes), and petty crooks Sniffy and Pogson. Ted refuses to join them.
- Richard Attenborough as Ted Peters
- Barry K. Barnes as Paul Baker
- Sheila Sim as Joy Goodall
- Garry Marsh as Sgt. Murray
- John Warwick as Det. Insp. Carter
- Judy Kelly as Toni
- Barry Jones as Gregory
- Bill Rowbotham as Dave Robinson
- Cyril Chamberlain as Sniffy
- Dirk Bogarde as Policeman
- Patricia Dainton as Pam
- Diana Dors as Annette
- Danny Green as Sid
- Bartlett Mullins as Club Barman
- John Salew as Pogson
- "Dancing with Crime (1947) - John Paddy Carstairs - Cast and Crew". AllMovie.
- "Dancing with Crime (1947)". BFI.
- Daily Mail Film Award Annual 1948