|Born||March 10, 1953|
|Known for||Vancouver Art Gallery|
Augaitis has created exhibitions showcasing the work of Canadian artists including Rebecca Belmore, Douglas Coupland, Stan Douglas, Brian Jungen, Ian Wallace and Paul Wong and international artists Antoni Muntadas, Song Dong and Yang Fudong. In 2014, her exhibition Douglas Coupland: everywhere is anywhere is anything is everything presented the first retrospective of Coupland's visual art. She was awarded the Hnatyshyn Foundation Visual Arts Award in 2014 for curatorial excellence in contemporary art, with that exhibition garnering special mention. Augaitis' 2012 retrospective Muntadas: Entre/Between was exhibited at the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, the Gulbenkian Museum, and Jeu de Paume. Augaitis has been a proponent of First Nations art at the Vancouver Art Gallery, organizing exhibitions of both contemporary and historic First Nations art, including Raven Travelling: two centuries of Haida art (2006) and Edenshaw (2012). Her catalogues and essays on these exhibitions have made significant contributions to the scholarship on Canadian indigenous art. During her more than 30-year career, Augaitis has held curatorial positions at the Banff Centre for the Arts, the Walter Phillips Gallery, Western Front, Convertible Showroom, and Franklin Furnace.
- Augaitis, Daina, Douglas Coupland, Sara Doris, Bjarke Ingels, and Hans Ulrich Obrist. 2014. Douglas Coupland: everywhere is anywhere is anything is everything ; exhibition schedule: Vancouver Art Gallery, May 31 to September 1, 2014; Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art, Toronto, January 30 - April 18, 2015; Royal Ontario Museum, ROM Contemporary Culture, Toronto, January 30 - April 26, 2015. London: Black Dog Publishing.
- Wallace, Ian, Daina Augaitis, and Grant Arnold. 2012. Ian Wallace: at the intersection of painting and photography. London: Black Dog Pub.
- Muntadas, and Daina Augaitis. 2011. Muntadas: entre = [Muntadas] : between. Madrid: Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.
- Augaitis, Daina. 2006. Raven travelling: two centuries of Haida art. Vancouver: Vancouver Art Gallery.
- Augaitis, Daina, and Kathleen Ritter. 2008. Rebecca Belmore: rising to the occasion. Vancouver: Vancouver Art Gallery.
- Jungen, Brian, and Daina Augaitis. 2005. Brian Jungen. Vancouver, B.C.: Vancouver Art Gallery.
- Douglas, Stan, and Daina Augaitis. 2002. Journey into fear. Vancouver: Vancouver Art Gallery.
- "Independent Curators International".
- ""Artist and Curator Win $40K in Hnatyshyn Prizes," Canadian Art". September 30, 2014. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015.
- Milroy, Sarah (June 17, 2006). "An elegant art laid bare". Globe & Mail. ProQuest 383536245.
- Simpson, Peter (December 23, 2014). ""Charles Edenshaw, a giant of Haida Art," Ottawa Citizen".
- Conner, Shawn (October 23, 2013). ""Book accompanies Edenshaw exhibit," Vancouver Sun".
- "Artist & Curator Win $40K in Hynatyshyn Prizes". September 2014. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Cite journal requires
- "Emily Award Winners, Emily Carr Inst. of Art and Design" (PDF). 2000.