Cygnet River, South Australia
Cygnet River is a locality in the Australian state of South Australia located on Kangaroo Island about 192 kilometres (119 miles) south-west of the state capital of Adelaide and about 12 kilometres (7.5 miles) from the municipal seat of Kingscote.
Kingscote Airport and the adjoining land use as viewed from the north
|Population||257 (shared with other localities within the “State Suburb of Menzies”) (2011 census)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACST (UTC+10:30)|
|LGA(s)||Kangaroo Island Council|
|Region||Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island|
Its boundaries were created in 2002 in respect to “the long established name” which is reported to be derived from the stream located within its boundaries.
Cygnet River contains the following places listed on the South Australian Heritage Register - the Farm and Eucalyptus Oil Distillery Ruins, Duck Lagoon and the Dwelling & Eucalyptus Oil Distillery Ruins (Cygnet River).
- For the 2011 census, the ‘State Suburb of Menzies’ consisted of the localities of Cassini, Cygnet River, Menzies and Stokes Bay.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Menzies". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Search result for "Cygnet River (Locality Bounded)" (Record no SA0017630) with the following layer being selected - "Suburbs and Localities"". Property Location Browser. Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Cygnet River, South Australia (Postcode)". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics KINGSCOTE AERO". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- Mawson (Map). Electoral District Boundaries Commission. 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Federal electoral division of Mayo, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Development Plan, Kangaroo Island Council" (PDF). Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. pp. 159, 260, 282 & 287. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Farm and Eucalyptus Oil Distillery Ruins, Duck Lagoon". South Australian Heritage Register. Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "Dwelling & Eucalyptus Oil Distillery Ruins". South Australian Heritage Register. Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 1 June 2016.