Crescent Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Crescent Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 590 and it contained 275 housing units. Crescent Township was originally named Logan Township when it formed from Belmont Township on September 17, 1868. The named was then changed to Grenard Township in September 1869, and finally to Crescent Township on an unknown date.
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 40°43′40″N 87°49′19″W|
|Established||September 17, 1868|
|• Total||36.42 sq mi (94.3 km2)|
|• Land||36.42 sq mi (94.3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Density||16.2/sq mi (6.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60928, 60938, 60953, 60955, 60970
Cities, towns, villages
- Crescent City (southeast quarter)
The township contains Saint Peter's Lutheran Cemetery.
- Cissna Park Community Unit School District 6
- Crescent Iroquois Community Unit School District 249
- Iroquois County Community Unit School District 9
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Crescent Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.