Cree School Board
Cree School Board (CSB; French: Commission scolaire Crie; Cree: ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᒋᔅᑯᑎᒫᒑᐧᐃᓐ) is a school district in northern Quebec, headquartered in Mistissini, with an additional office in the James Bay Eeyou School in Chisasibi.
While most Quebec school boards are categorized by language, CSB is categorized as a "special-status school board". It offers education in Cree, French, and English.
Initially the headquarters was in Val-d'Or but they later moved to Mistissini.
PreK through high schools:
- Wabannutao Eeyou School (ᐧᐋᐸᓅᑖᐤ ᐄᔨᔫ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Eastmain)
- Luke Mettaweskum School (ᓘᒃ ᒣᑕᐧᐁᔥᑲᒻ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Nemaska)
- Waapihtiiwewan School (ᐧᐋᐸᐦᑏᐧᐁᐧᐊᓐ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Oujé-Bougoumou)
- Maquatua Eeyou School (ᐧᒫᑯᐧᑖᐤ ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᒋᔅᑯᑎᒫᑑᑭᒥᒄ) / Joy Ottereyes Rainbow Memorial School (Wemindji)
- Badabin Eeyou School (ᐹᑖᐱᓐ ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᒋᔅᑯᑎᒫᑑᑭᒥᒄ) (Whapmagoostui)
Grade 5 through high schools:
- Wiinibekuu School (ᐧᐄᓂᐯᑰ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Waskaganish)
- James Bay Eeyou School (JBES; French: École Eeyou De La Baie James; Cree: ᒉᐃᒥᔅ ᐯᐃ ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᒋᔅᑯᑎᒫᒑᐅᑭᒥᒄ) (Chisasibi)
- Previously the school provided boarding services for high school students for students from other villages of the James Bay region: Eastmain, Whapmagoosui, and Wemindji as at the time all high school classes in the region were in Chisasibi.
- Voyageur Memorial High School (ᕛᔨᒐᕐ ᑳ ᐃᔥᐹᒡ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Mistissini)
- Willie J. Happyjack Memorial School (ᐧᐃᓖ ᒉᐄ ᐦᐋᐲᒑᒃ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Waswanipi)
- Waapinichikush Elementary School (ᐙᐱᓂᒋᐦᑯᔥ ᒋᔅᑯᑎᒫᑑᑭᒥᒄ) (Chisasibi)
- Voyageur Memorial Elementary School (VMES; ᕛᔨᒐᕐ ᑳ ᐃᔥᐹᒡ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Mistissini)
- Rainbow Elementary School (ᐲᓯᒧᔮᐲ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Waswanipi)
- Annie Whiskeychan Memorial Elementary School (ᐋᓃ ᐧᐄᔥᑲᒑᓐ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ) (Waskaganish)
- Jolina Gull-Blacksmith Memorial School (Waswanipi)
- Sabtuan Regional Vocational Training Centre (Waswanipi)
- "Head Office Contacts." Cree School Board. Retrieved on September 22, 2017.
- "Chisasibi Office Contacts ." Cree School Board. Retrieved on September 22, 2017.
- "The Education Reform." Quebec Ministry of Education. Saturday November 29, 1997. Retrieved on September 22, 2017. French version
- "Badabin Eeyou School." Cree School Board. Retrieved on September 22, 2017.
- MacLeod, Roderick and Mary Anne Poutanen. A Meeting of the People: School Boards and Protestant Communities in Quebec, 1801-1998. McGill-Queen's Press, 2004. ISBN 0773527427, 9780773527423. p. 393.