Court of Probate
The Judge of the Court of Probate also presided over the Court for Divorce and Matrimonial Causes, but the two Courts remained separate entities.
On 1 November 1875, under the Supreme Court of Judicature Act 1873 and the Supreme Court of Judicature Act 1875, the Judge of the Court of Probate was transferred, as its President, to the Probate, Divorce and Admiralty Division of the High Court of Justice.
Judges of the Court of Probate
- Alexander Staveley Hill. A Manual of the Practice of the Court of Probate. H Sweet. London. 1859. Google Books
- Henry Charles Coote and Thomas H Tristram. The Practice of the Court of Probate in Common Form Business. Fifth Edition. Butterworths. London. 1866. Google Books
- George Browne. A Treatise on the Principles and Practice of the Court of Probate in Contentious and Non-contentious Business. H Sweet. 1873. Google Books
- Searle and Smith's Reports
- Swabey and Tristram's Reports, vol 1, vol 2: , vol 3, vol 4
- Joseph Haydn and Horace Ockerby, The Book of Dignities, W.H. Allen & Co., 1894