Country Music Awards of Australia
The CMAA Country Music Awards of Australia also known as the Golden Guitar Awards (originally named Australasian Country Music Awards) is an annual awards night held in January during the Tamworth Country Music Festival, in Tamworth, New South Wales, celebrating recording excellence in the Australian country music industry. They are wholly owned and staged by the Country Music Association of Australia (CMAA). The awards are hosted at night time at the Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre (TRECC) on the Saturday night of the Australia Day long weekend and have been held annually since 1973. These prestigious Awards attract a live audience of 5000 people from the media, the music industry and the public and are broadcast on free to air and pay TV, as well as through ABC Radio, streamed on Ben Sorensen's REAL Country and aired on other commercial and community radio stations.
|CMAA Country Music Awards of Australia|
|Awarded for||Outstanding achievements in the Australian country music industry|
|Presented by||Country Music Association of Australia|
Golden Guitar trophy
Australian Roll of Renown
Since 1976, the Australian Roll of Renown is an award to honour Australian and New Zealander country music artists who have shaped the industry by making a significant and lasting contribution to Country Music.
- Woodbridge, Claude; Woodbridge, Margaret (3 December 1992). "Gearing-up for Tamworth music awards". The Canberra Times. National Library of Australia. p. 16. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- Tjis, Andrew (3 January 2007). "Tamworth Prepares Country Music Awards and Festival". Undercover (Paul Cashmere, Ros O'Gorman). Archived from the original on 18 May 2008. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- 2016 Golden Guitar Award Special on Ben Sorensen's REAL Country
- 2015 Golden Guitar Award Special on Ben Sorensen's REAL Country
- 2014 Golden Guitar Award Special on Ben Sorensen's REAL Country
- 2013 Golden Guitar Award Special on Ben Sorensen's REAL Country
- 2012 Golden Guitar Award Special on Ben Sorensen's REAL Country