Counselor at Crime
|Counselor at Crime|
|Directed by||Alberto de Martino|
|Produced by||Edmondo Amati|
|Music by||Riz Ortolani|
|Edited by||Otello Colangeli|
|Distributed by||Fida Cinematografica|
|Box office||₤685.486 million|
- Tomas Milian: Thomas Accardo
- Martin Balsam: Don Antonio Macaluso
- Francisco Rabal: Vincent Garofalo
- Dagmar Lassander: Laura Murchison
- Perla Cristal: Dorothy
- Carlo Tamberlani: Don Michele Villabate
- Manuel Zarzo: Dorsiello
- John Anderson: Don Vito Albanese
- Sacheen Littlefeather: Maggie
- George Rigaud: Priest
- Eduardo Fajardo: Calogero Vezza
- Nello Pazzafini: Killer in Polizzi Generosa
The cinematography was done by Joe D'Amato, who was credited under his birthname Aristide Massaccesi. Director Alberto de Martino spoke positively on working with D'Amato, stating that he "didn't talk nonsense, he knew how to do his job, and he was quick. It took him a couple of seconds to understand how to light a scene. And whenever he was in trouble with the lighting, he would take the camera in his own hands".
De Martino admitted to having trouble during the screenwriting of the film, stating that he initially wrote the script with his collaborators. They later hired Leonardo Martin to write another part and when they gave the script to producer Edmondo Amati, he stated that it was alright but wanted the dialogue to be revised by his friend Michael Gazzo. A month later, Gazzo sent him a script that was entirely re-written.
De Martino also spoke about Dagmar Lassander, stating that he "cast her in Rome a couple of months before shooting started. She'd just had a baby and I told her she had to lose weight. She said 'Of course, one month's a long time!". When arriving in Albuquerque, she had not lost the weight and De Martino kept her in the film as he would not be able to find a replacement.
Counselor at Crime was released in Italy on August 30, 1973 where it was distributed by Fida Cinematografica. The film grossed a total of 685,486,000 Italian lire in Italy.
- Curti 2013, p. 79.
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese, 1991. ISBN 8876059350.
- Roberto Curti. Italia odia: il cinema poliziesco italiano. Lindau, 2006. ISBN 8871805860.
- Paolo Mereghetti. Il Mereghetti. B.C. Dalai Editore, 2010. ISBN 8860736269.
- Curti 2013, p. 80.
- Curti, Roberto (2013). Italian Crime Filmography, 1968-1980. McFarland. ISBN 0786469765.