Costa Mediterranea is a Spirit-class cruise ship operated by the Costa Crociere cruise line. She was constructed at the Kvaerner Masa-Yards (currently Aker Finnyards) in Helsinki, Finland at a cost of over €400 million. Like sister ship Costa Atlantica, her design was derived from the Carnival Cruise Lines Spirit-class ships, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend and Carnival Miracle. On June 16, 2003 she departed on her maiden voyage from Genoa to Spain and Portugal.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Port of registry:||
|Laid down:||1 October 2000|
|Completed:||27 May 2003|
|Class and type:||Spirit-class cruise ship|
|Length:||292.5 m (960 ft)|
|Beam:||32.2 m (106 ft)|
|Draught:||8 m (26 ft)|
|Depth:||13.6 m (45 ft)|
|Speed:||24 knots (44 km/h; 28 mph)|
In 2021, Costa Mediterranea is scheduled to be sold to CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping.
Ports of call
- "Advanced Masterdata for the Vessel Costa Mediterranea". VesselTracker. 10 May 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- "Five Ships to Leave Costa Fleet by May 2021". Cruise Industry News. 26 September 2019. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- "Port" (in Russian). Marine Facade Management Company. Archived from the original on May 19, 2009. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
Media related to Costa Mediterranea at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Photos & video of Costa Mediterranea in Yalta, Ukraine
- Video Clip of Costa Mediterranea
- Miramar Ship Index - Costa Mediterranea