Cor-Bon/Glaser LLC is a manufacturer of small arms ammunition.
|Fate||takeover (after bankruptcy in November, 2017)|
|Founder||Peter Pi, Sr.|
Based in Sturgis, South Dakota, Cor-Bon/Glaser Ammunition originated when Peter Pi Sr. started making handgun hunting ammo in 1982 because the commonly available ammunition at that time was performing poorly. Pi noticed that hollow point ammunition would not expand and went about creating a line of ammunition with reliable expansion. Pi's philosophy in creating his line of ammunition can be summed up by this quote: "Velocity is the key to making hollowpoint bullets work. The added velocity assures that the hollowpoint will open up even if plugged with material. This reduces the risk of overpenetration and allows the action of the hollowpoint bullet to dump the available energy into the target."
CorBon Law Enforcement Training Center
On June 23, 2011 the company opened the CorBon Law Enforcement Training Center (CLETC) in Sturgis, South Dakota. The center has several shooting ranges to train law enforcement officers. CLETC closed in 2015 due to a lack of business.
- Safety Slug Blue
- Safety Slug Silver
Cor-Bon designed and developed the .32 NAA, essentially a .380 ACP case necked-down to a .32 caliber bullet, and the NAA Guardian .32 NAA pocket pistol in partnership with North American Arms (NAA). At the 2004 SHOT Show, Cor-Bon and NAA introduced their jointly developed .25 NAA.
- "Best Choices in Self-Defense Ammo". shootershaven.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
“With few exceptions, such as the Speer 135 gr +P JHP and Barnes XPB, the vast majority of .38 Sp JHP’s fail to expand when fired from 2″ barrels in the 4 layer denim test
- "CorBon Law Enforcement Training Center (CLETC) Opened June 23". Sturgis Economic Development Corp. Archived from the original on 27 February 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "Cor-Bon". corbon.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- Hawks, Chuck. "Cor-Bon DPX Handgun Ammunition". chuckhawks.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2012-05-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-26. Retrieved 2014-02-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "VELOCITY AND PIEZOELECTRIC TRANSDUCER PRESSURE:" (PDF). saami.org. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2015. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- GUNS Magazine, "Storm from the East," by Clair Rees (1999). Retrieved from Bnet on July 5, 2008.
- Sapp, Rick (Jun 14, 2010). The Gun Digest Book of Green Shooting:. Gun Digest Books. p. 149. ISBN 978-1-4402-1459-2.
Peter Pi Sr. founded Dakota Ammunition manufacturer of Corbon/Glaser Products
- Boyle, Mike. "Hot Shot: A Look at Premium Ammo". usconcealedcarry.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
The hands down winner of the day was CorBon DPX 115 grain +P HP.
- Anonymous. "AMMUNITION FOR THE SELF-DEFENSE FIREARM". chuckhawks.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
Glaser Safety Slugs, made by Cor-Bon, are one exotic round I can fully recommend