Coolamon Shire is a local government area in the Riverina region of south-western New South Wales, Australia. The Shire comprises 2,433 square kilometres (939 sq mi) and is located adjacent to the Newell Highway and the Burley Griffin Way. The Shire includes the towns of Coolamon, Ganmain, and Ardlethan, and the villages of Matong, Marrar, and Beckom.
New South Wales
Location in NSW
|• Density||1.7735/km2 (4.5934/sq mi)|
|Area||2,433 km2 (939.4 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr. John Seymour (Unaligned)|
Current composition and election method
Coolamon Shire Council is composed of nine councillors elected proportionally as a single ward. All councillors are elected for a fixed four-year term of office. The mayor is elected by the councillors at the first meeting of the Council. In the most recent election held on 10 September 2016, there was an equal number of candidates, being those below, that nominated for election. There being no additional candidates, the election was uncontested and the makeup of the Council is as follows:
|Independents and Unaligned||9|
|Bruce Hutcheon||Independent||Deputy Mayor|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Coolamon (A)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017-18". Australian Bureau of Statistics. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 27 March 2019. Estimated resident population (ERP) at 30 June 2018.
- Councillors, Coolamon Shire Council, retrieved 7 November 2016
- "Coolamon Shire Council". Department of Local Government. Retrieved 8 November 2006.
- "Coolamon Shire Council: Summary of First Preference and Group Votes for each Candidate". Local Government Elections 2016. Electoral Commission of New South Wales. 10 September 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.