Comedown is a 2012 British urban horror film directed by Menhaj Huda, and written by Steven Kendall. Dubbed "Kidulthood meets Saw", the film stars Jacob Anderson, Adam Deacon and Geoff Bell in the lead roles.
|Directed by||Menhaj Huda|
|Produced by||Dominic Norris|
|Written by||Steven Kendall|
|Music by||Theo Green|
|Distributed by||StudioCanal, EOne|
In an abandoned tower, six friends turn the tower into a radio station and soon learn they are not alone as a resident psychopath begins hunting them down.
- Jacob Anderson as Lloyd
- Adam Deacon as Jason
- Sophie Stuckey as Jemma
- Calum McNab as Gary "Gal"
- Jessica Barden as Kelly
- Duane Henry as Colin "Col"
- Geoff Bell as Ray Grady
- Shizzio as Shafiq "Shaf"
- Muazzin "Naga" Aziz as Nazar "Naz"
- Gemma-Leah Devereux as Nurse Samantha Harris
- Slaine Kelly as Nurse Sally Mitchell
- Christos Lawton as PC Jon Murray
- Deirdre Mullins as Alissa the Newsreader
- Stephen Taylor as the Creeper
Stephen Dalton of The National wrote in his review: " A good slasher film is not about originality or realism, of course, but about execution – no pun intended. As such, director Menhaj Huda does a decent job with limited ingredients. But there is nothing in this pulpy, formulaic nerve-jangler that horror fans will not have seen countless times before."
Comedown premiered on 4 October 2012, at film festival Grimmfest, but was not released to cinemas on general release, and instead was expected to be released direct-to-DVD on 11 March 2013.
- "Comedown". Turner Classic Movies. United States: Turner Broadcasting System. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- Afm '09: Urban Horror Pic 'Comedown' to Debut
- A Comedown on Trespassers
- Dalton, Stephen (24 April 2013). "Film review: Comedown". The National. Abu Dhabi: International Media Investments. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- Full Plot Details for Comedown