Collinwood High School (Cleveland)
Collinwood High School is a public high school located in the Collinwood neighborhood on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio, United States. It is part of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. The school is divided into three academies: Advanced Placement Academy, STEM Teaching Professions Academy, and Academy of Interior and Fashion Design.
|Collinwood High School|
15210 St. Clair Avenue
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Cleveland Metropolitan School District|
|Principal||Marnisha Brown, Crystal Maclin, Kevin Payton|
|Color(s)||Blue and gray|
|Athletics conference||Senate League|
- Tony Adamle (1924–2000) professional football player with the Cleveland Browns in the All-America Football Conference and the National Football League (NFL)
- Eppie Barney (1944–) NFL player (Cleveland Browns)
- James Cotton (1976–), professional football player
- Jerry Dybzinski (1955–present), former professional baseball player in Major League Baseball
- George Fett (1920–1989), cartoonist
- Danny Greene (1933–1977), Irish American mobster
- John Claude Gummoe (1938–) singer-songwriter, lead singer of The Cascades, wrote and recorded "Rhythm of the Rain"
- Jeff Johnson, Cleveland City Council member and former Ohio state senator
- Andre Norton (1912–2005), author
- Sam Palumbo (1932–) professional football player in the American Football League (AFL) and NFLo
- Michael D. Polensek (1949–present), Cleveland City Council member
- Cecil Shorts III (1987–), professional football player in the NFL
- George Voinovich (1936–2016), former Mayor of Cleveland, two-term Ohio Governor, and two-term U.S. Senator.
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones, (1949–2008), U. S. Congresswoman (1999-2008)
- Ray Zeh, (1914–2003), college football scoring leader in 1935
- Omari Jordan (1978-) professional football player with the North Carolina Panthers in the National Football League (NFL)
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Atassi, Leila (January 16, 2017). "The rise, fall and redemption of Cleveland mayoral candidate and City Councilman Jeff Johnson". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- District website
- Collinwood High School yearbooks and student newspapers available on Cleveland Public Library Digital Gallery, various years 1920s through 1952.