- questionnaire design
- automatic programming for computer-assisted telephone interviewing systems
- data entry, retrieval, and management
- statistical analysis
- microdata documentation and management
- applications development
- data warehousing
- metadata standards creation such as Data Documentation Initiative
|Initial release||January 6, 2010|
5.5.7138 / May 3, 2019
|Written in||C#, java|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Colectica is currently in use by a variety of University survey research groups, Longitudinal Studies, National Statistics Offices, Data archives, and commercial survey research organizations.
Colectica was originally funded in part by the NIH National Institute on Aging to explore automatic documentation of computer assisted surveys. This grant saw the creation of metadata extraction and flowchart creation tools for CASES, Blaise, and CSPro survey instrument source code. The grant also partially funded the creation of a questionnaire specification content area in the Data Documentation Initiative's DDI Lifecycle metadata standard. The functionality of these tools, originally named SurveyViz, is now bundled with the Colectica Designer and based on the DDI standard.
The NIH funds many long running longitudinal studies that have collected vast amounts of data, which due to their design require detailed documentation and organization. In 2011, the NIH National Institute on Aging provided further funding to add longitudinal data management functionality to Colectica to enable documenting the complex study designs.
- Midlife in the United States
- CLOSER project
- Vietnam Era Twin Study of Aging (VETSA)
- Statistics New Zealand Colectica Portal
- "IASSIST 2010 Conference, Ithaca, New York - DDI4RDC Showcases Open Source Tools to Produce Metadata Products Based on the DDI" (Press release). Breckenhill, Inc. June 6, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- Ipsos MORI - EDDI 2014 Conference Integrating Colectica and IBM SPSS Data Collection
- National Institutes of Health - Automated Survey Instrument Documentation, Analysis
- National Institutes of Health - Open Standards-Based Data Extraction Web Tool for Complex Longitudinal Datasets
- Open Standards-Based Data Extraction Web Tool for Complex Longitudinal Datasets