Coban is commonly used as a wrap on limbs because it will stick to itself and not loosen. Due to its elastic qualities, coban is often used as a compression bandage.
It is used both on humans and animals. For animal use, it is marketed under a variety of trade names such as "VetWrap" by 3M. It is commonly used on horses and other animals because it will not stick to hair so it is easily removed.
- Dorland's Dictionary of Medical Acronyms and Abbreviations, 7e
- Dermatology (4 ed.). Elsevier. 2018. pp. 2462–2477.
- Crabbe, Barb. "Wrap Right!". Horse&Rider. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Equine First Aid - Bandaging a Horse". Horse Journals. 16 March 2015. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- Barakat, Christine. "How to Wrap a Hoof Injury". The Horse Owner's Resource. Retrieved 23 April 2019.