Coefficient could have one of the following meanings:
|Look up coefficient in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- In computer arithmetics, the term coefficient (floating point number) is also sometimes used as a synonym for mantissa or significand.
Probability theory and Statistics
- The coefficient of determination, denoted R2 and pronounced R squared, is the proportion of total variation of outcomes explained by a statistical model.
- The coefficient of variation (CV) is a normalized measure of dispersion of a probability distribution or frequency distribution.
- The correlation coefficient (Pearson's r) is a measure of the linear correlation (dependence) between two variables.
- UEFA coefficient, used by the governing body for association football in Europe to calculate ranking points for its member clubs and national federations
- The Coefficients were an Edwardian London dining club.