Claves Records is a Swiss classical record label, which was founded in 1968 by Marguerite Dütschler-Hüber (1931–2006) in Thun.
|Country of origin||Switzerland|
Marguerite Dütschler-Hüber founded Claves with business partner Ursula Pfaehler when her piano teacher Jörg Ewald Dähler was unable to find a company willing to record and issue an LP of Bach preludes. The label specialised in Swiss music and artists such as flutist Peter-Lukas Graf and Lieder recitals by performers including Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Teresa Berganza and Ernst Haefliger. Claves also launched the recording career of María Bayo.
Claves Records SA was formally founded in 1968. In 2004, the label was acquired by the Clara Haskil foundation and then by Olivier Verrey who runs the company with other board members. Its first managing director was Antonin Scherrer who was succeeded by Thierry Scherz, In 2010 Patrick Peikert succeeded Scherz as managing director.
- Chamber Orchestra Kremlin
- Chamber Orchestra Tibor Varga
- City Of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- English Chamber Orchestra
- Euskadiko Orkestra Sinfonikoa (Basque National Orchestra)
- Orchestra Mozart
- Orchestre de Chambre de Genève
- Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne
- Orchestre Philharmonique De Monte-Carlo
- Orchestre de la Suisse Romande
- Orchestre de l’Opéra de Rouen Normandie
- Orchestre National de Paris
- Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
- Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester Saarbrücken
- The Ossipov Balalaika Orchestra
- Organ & Harpischord
- Ursula Dütscher (Fortepiano & Harpischord)
- Benjamin Righetti (Organ)
- Kei Koito (Organ)
- Jörg Ewald Dähler (Haprischord)
- Nicolas Altstaedt
- Astrig Siranossian
- Mattia Zappa
- Ensembles, Duos & Trios
Collaborations and co-productions
- Claves Records contatcts
- Claves Records
- Gramophone: Volume 71, Issues 841-846 1993 "... run now, as then, by Marguerite Dutschler-Huber. Urged into action by the inability of her teacher Jorg Eward Dahler to find a home for an LP of Bach Preludes, Dutschler-Huber and her partner Ursula Pfaehler produced it themselves ...
- Encyclopedia of recorded sound Volume 1 Frank W. Hoffmann, Howard Ferstler - 2005 "... in 1968 by Marguerite Dutschler-Huber, in Switzerland. The company specializes in recordings of uncommon and neglected works from the classical repertoire. In addition to the Swiss artists Jorg Ewald Dahler and Peter-Lukas Graf, ...
- Diapason: Issues 537-542 2006 Voici quelques années Marguerite Dutschler-Huber avait passé le flambeau à Antonin Scherrer qui poursuit aujourd'hui son œuvre à la tête de Claves.
- Claves Records Bibliothèque cantonale et universitaire de Lausanne - 2013 "
- Claves Records. About us
- Claves Records contatcts