Cision Ltd. is a public relations and earned media software company and services provider. The company is incorporated in the Cayman Islands and headquartered in Chicago, Illinois; with clients worldwide. The company went public via reverse merger in June 2017. In addition to its web-based PR and earned media software as a service (SaaS) suite the Cision Communications Cloud, the company owns online publicity and media services PRNewswire, PRWeb, Bulletin Intelligence, L'Argus de la presse, Help a Reporter Out (HARO), CEDROM-SNI, Prime Research, and Canada Newswire. The company operates in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia.
|Traded as||NYSE: CISN|
Russell 2000 Component
|Products||Marketing and public relations software & services|
Number of employees
|5,100 (incl. subdivisions)|
Products and services
Cision provides public relations services to businesses, using a cloud-based, or software as a service (SaaS) model. The company offers social media monitoring and engagement and media publicity services.
Cision's software is distributed in seven languages. As of June 2014, it is used by more than 16,000 annual subscribers worldwide, including commercial businesses and governmental, educational and non-profit organizations.
The company offers three web-based packages: the "CisionMarketing Suite", the "Public Relations Suite" and a "Government Relations and Political Action Committee Suite". The Cision "Public Relations Suite" allows users to distribute press releases, access a database of bloggers and journalists, and monitor and analyze news and social media sites. The company's "Government Relations Suite" manages government contacts, analyzes lobbying activity, facilitates communication with elected officials and provides PAC compliance software for filing reports to the FEC and state elections commissions.
Through a series of acquisitions, the company provides services in PRWeb, HARO, North Social and iContact, Eureka, Media Insight Suite which Cision has continued to operate under the existing brand names. Vocus also offers consulting services to support the use of its software products.
PRWeb is an online press release service. PRWeb services are available through the "Vocus Marketing Suite," the "Vocus PR Suite" or as a separate service.
In 2011, Cision AB sold its Finnish subsidiary Oy Cision Finland AB to M-Brain Group.
On October 14, 2014, Cision AB and Vocus announced a "friendly merger" of the two public relations companies. Cision based in Sweden will relocate its headquarters to Chicago and so will Vocus from Maryland, United States. The company will be based out of Chicago and the combined entity will be known as Cision.
During 2015, Cision also acquired UK company Gorkana. Gorkana offered monitoring, journalist database and analysis services.
On June 29, 2017, Cision went public via its reverse merger with special purpose acquisition company Capitol Acquisition Corporation III.
- "7 questions for new Cision CEO Kevin Akeroyd". PRWeek. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- 3rd quarter 2018 10-Q filed with the SEC
- Brad Kelly (16 September 2008). "VOCUS INC. Lanham, Maryland PR Software Helps Companies Polish Their Image With Efficiency". Investor's Business Daily. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- Gus G. Sentementes (13 October 2012). "Vocus tackles digital marketing, hires hundreds". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Susan Payton (8 July 2012). "Vocus: Small Businesses Shouldn't Have to Piecemeal Their Marketing". Small Business Trends. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Tanya Lewis (30 April 2012). "Vocus' PR suite info is user friendly and easy to export". PRWeek US. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Vocus Inc. Company Information". Hoovers.com. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Vocus pays $28M in cash and stock for PRWeb". Washington Business Journal. 8 August 2006. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Kate N. Nichols (September 2006). "Pioneering company takes its next step Ferndale's PRWeb sold to national company". Business Pulse Magazine. Archived from the original on 6 September 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "M-Brain Group's Corporate History". Archived from the original on 2013-03-02.
- "Cision and Vocus Announce Acquisition of Visible Technologies". Cision. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Cision and Vocus Unite, Ushering in the Future of PR and Social Software | Cision". www.cision.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "» Cision to Retire Vocus Name". Capitol Communicator. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "» Chicago-based Cision to buy PR Newswire for $841 million". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "Today's Stock Market News and Analysis from Nasdaq.com". NASDAQ.com. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Cision Completes Acquisition of PRIME Research". StreetInsider. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- Business data for Cision Ltd.: