|998 / 999|
Curtin University bus station
Oats Street station
Shenton Park station
University of WA
|Journey time||3 hours 30 minutes|
The CircleRoute was introduced in two stages. On 16 February 1998 the first stage of the CircleRoute commenced operating between Fremantle and Oats Street stations. On 22 February 1999, the route was extended to become a circular route. The routes were renumbered from 98 and 99 to 998 and 999 on 31 January 2016, as to signify being a part of Transperth's premium, high-frequency services.
Since 25 November 2007, fares have been determined according to the same Transperth zonal system used by other bus routes and trains in the region; Prior to that date, the CircleRoute used its own distinct zones.
Especially after the route was renumbered in 2016, SmartRider transaction records for registered Transperth users indicates 098T and 099F.
|Location||Zone||Serving Suburbs||Route Direction||Transfers|
|Fremantle station||2||Fremantle||↓||Bus transfers, Fremantle Line|
|Stock Road||2||O'Connor, Samson||↑||↓|
|Murdoch station||2||Murdoch||↑||↓||Bus transfers, Mandurah Line|
|Curtin University bus station||1||Bentley||↑||↓||Bus transfers|
|Oats Street station||1||Carlisle, East Victoria Park||↑||↓||Armadale/Thornlie Line|
|Belmont Forum||1||Belmont, Cloverdale||↑||↓|
|Bayswater station||1||Bayswater||↑||↓||Bus transfers, Midland Line|
|Morley bus station||1||Morley||↑||↓||Bus transfers|
|Stirling station||2||Stirling||↑||↓||Bus transfers, Joondalup Line|
|Churchlands Green||1||Churchlands, Herdsman||↑||↓|
|Shenton Park station||1||Shenton Park||↑||↓||Fremantle Line|
|QEII Medical Centre||1||Nedlands||↑||↓|
|University of WA||1||Crawley||↑||↓|
|Methodist Ladies College, Claremont||2||Claremont||↑||↓|
|Fremantle station||2||Fremantle||↑||Bus transfers, Fremantle Line|
- Malpeli, Gareth (5 November 1998). "Circle Bus Plan To Link Perth Suburbs". The West Australian.
- Launch of first stage of Transperth Circle Route bus service at Murdoch Uni Minister for Transport 16 February 1998
- Figures show new Circle Route bus service is an outstanding success Minister for Transport 18 March 1998
- Official inauguration of 50km extension to popular Circleroute for buses Minister for Transport 22 February 1999
- New cross suburban Circle Route bus service gains popularity Minister for Transport 16 April 1999
- Transperth. "Bus, Train and Ferry - Major Timetable Changes". Government of Western Australia. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Transperth Zone Boundary changes Transperth