Lara Serena Roque Ortaleza
December 6, 1982
|Occupation||Television host, model, actress|
Kean Cipriano (m. 2015)
Ortaleza landed her first TV gig as a junior reporter on the children's magazine show 5 & Up. She left the show after three years to concentrate on her studies. She returned to acting after graduating from high school, when she became known as Sprite's Kitikitxt girl via a popular TV commercial that launched her showbusiness career.
In 2004, Ortaleza began to focus on her hosting career. After the success of the first season of StarStruck, Ortaleza hosted the StarStruck's Friday live show, Stage 1 Live, with Cogie Domingo and Raymond Gutierrez. Stage 1 Live was cancelled after one season. She was then added to the new youth segment of SOP (Sobrang Okey Pare), titled as SOP Gimikada then changed to SOP Gigsters. She was then cast as host in the second season of 3R with Iza Calzado and Bettina Carlos. She was also a cast member of Joyride.
In 2010 to 2012, she played more than five major villainess character roles.
In 2013, Chynna Ortaleza was cast as the hard-hearted and soft-spoken Minerva on Kakambal ni Eliana, along with Sherilyn Reyes-Tan and Lexi Fernandez, the three of them are the lead villains to the main heroine, Eliana. Ortaleza's character in the end became snake and tries to murder Eliana as a revenge for Nora's demise (Sherilyn Reyes-Tan).
In 2005, Ortaleza appeared in the first issue of Pump Magazine. She was also a part of Metro Magazine and FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World."
Though she did not win the title, she got the People Choice awards.
For the year 2006, Ortaleza was on the list again of FHM 100 sexiest women.
In 2014 she played as Colleen on Second Chances and on 2018 she played the kind-hearted and tough Lynette on Victor Magtanggol. Her Lynette character was slightly hateful to her mother for abandoning them but later learns to forgive her.
- (2014) #Y as Abby
- (2014) Hustisya as Kristal
- (2014) Dementia as Olivia
- (2014) Basement as Angela
- (2013) Ano Ang Kulay Ng Mga Nakalimutang Pangarap? as Monette
- (2013) Menor de Edad as Nancy
- (2012) Migrante as Edna
- (2009) Forget Me Not as Karla
- (2005) Kilig, Pintig, Yanig as Mitch
- (2004) Kuya as Jill
- (2003) Mano Po 2: My Home as Yna
- (2002) Bakit Papa as Chiqui
Awards and nominations
|2013||61st FAMAS Awards||Best Supporting Actress (Migrante)||Nominated|
|2015||17th Gawad PASADO Awards||Pinakapasadong Katuwang na Aktres (Dementia)||Nominated|
- Garcia, Rose. "Chynna Ortaleza transforms into a scary, slimy serpent". Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- "GMA News Online". Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- "LOOK: Kean Cipriano marries Chynna Ortaleza". ABS-CBNnews.com. ABS-CBN Corporation. January 1, 2016. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- Abanilla, Clarizel G. "Kean, Chynna didn't take too long to know they're meant for each other". Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- Garcia, Rose (4 November 2009). "Aljur Abrenica and Kris Bernal star in new GMA-7 telefantasya". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Archived from the original on 7 November 2009. Retrieved 19 August 2013.