Christine Ott (born 10 August 1963) is a French pianist, vocalist, ondist - a specialist in ondes Martenot and composer.
Ott in 2013
|Born||10 August 1963|
|Genres||Classical crossover, avant-garde, experimental, free improvisation, art music, contemporary classical|
|Instruments||Ondes Martenot, keyboards, vocals|
|Associated acts||Yann Tiersen|
She released two albums; Solitude Nomade in 2009 and Only Silence Remains in 2016, and also an original soundtrack for Murnau's Tabu in 2016. She created several live soundtracks shows, as her work on Lotte Reiniger's movies or on Flaherty's Nanook of the North.
She created the duo Snowdrops with Mathieu Gabry in 2015. Together they composed the original score of Manta Ray (film) by Phuttiphong Aroonpheng.
As guest or session musician
- 2004 Tout sera comme avant by Dominique A
- 2004 Contre le centre by Mobiil
- 2005 Le point de coté by Dominique Petitgand
- 2005 Plays the Residents by Narcophony
- 2005 Fragile by Têtes Raides
- 2008 Aux solitudes by Jean-Philippe Goude
- 2008 Ghost Days by Syd Matters
- 2008 A l'attaque by Loïc Lantoine
- 2008 Ersatz by Julien Doré
- 2009 The dark age of love by This Immortal Coil
- 2009 À la récré by Weepers Circus
- 2011 N'importe où, hors du monde by Weepers Circus
- 2011 613 by Chapelier Fou
- 2011 Tels Alain Bashung, Aucun express (Noir Désir)
- 2012 Everything was story by Raphelson
- 2013 Ghost Surfer by Cascadeur
- 2016 Unworks & Rarities by Oiseaux-Tempête
- 2017 Earth by Foudre! (side-project of Mondkopf, Saåad & Frédéric D. Oberland)
As member of Yann Tiersen
- 2011 La fin du silence by Roland Edzard
- 2016 Minute Bodies by Stuart Staples, Thomas Belhom and Christine Ott
- 2018 Manta Ray (film) by Phuttiphong Aroonpheng, with Snowdrops
Ciné-concerts and performances
- 1995 Les trois petites liturgies de la présence divine
- 1997 Les Adieux by Marcel Landowski
- 1998 il Mantello, opéra by Luciano Chailly
- 1999 Ecuatorial by Edgard Varèse
- 2013 Les Innatendus III (Ed Mickaël, Nocturne ; André Jolivet, Suite Delphique ; Arthur Honegger, Symphonie n°2 pour orchestre à cordes)
- 2005 Live with Radiohead
- 2006 On Tour, Yann Tiersen
- 2010 Carte blanche to Christine Ott, Neuilly Theater
- "Alsace: Christine Ott, maîtresse des ondes Martenot - L'Alsace". Federation-Martenot.fr (in French). Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "Making the Ondes Martnot Speak", on de London philharmonia website, music by Christine Ott
- Kaill, Gary (13 May 2016). "'Ott's compositions are shadowy and minimal, the melodies subtly sketched, and arrangements given space and light. It makes for a set that rewards repeated listens'". the skinny. Archived from the original on 14 September 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Chuter, Jack (15 December 2016). "'Christine Ott's score for F. W. Murnau and Robert Flaherty's 1931 silent film Tabu instigates a particularly profound atmospheric overhaul'". ATTN:magazine. Archived from the original on 14 September 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Batlle, Diego (9 September 2018). "'Climatic, minimalist, intoxicating, hypnotic and at times surrealistic in its circular structure, Manta Ray has an unusually seductive capacity for a first film (the musical contribution of the French duo composed of Christine Ott and Mathieu Gabry is also precious).'". Otros Cines. Archived from the original on 13 September 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Foudre! - Video clip excerpt from EARTH soundtrack, live at St Merri Church, Paris, Video by As Human Pattern
- Kuipers, Richard (7 September 2018). "'Manta Ray is especially well served by the subtle soundscapes created by French duo Christine Ott and Mathieu Gabry'". Variety. Archived from the original on 13 September 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.