Chris Day (clinician)
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Chris Brink|
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
Educated at Marden High School, Tynemouth Sixth Form College and Churchill College, Cambridge, Day became a clinician at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1985 and a research scientist in liver disease at Newcastle University in 1987. He went on to be Consultant Hepatologist on the Liver Unit at the Freeman Hospital in 1994 before becoming Professor of Liver Medicine at Newcastle University in 2000. He became head of the School of Clinical Medical Sciences at Newcastle University in 2004, Pro-Vice-Chancellor in 2007 and Vice-Chancellor in January 2017. He is also a Deputy Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear.
- "Christopher Paul Day". Company check. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Newcastle University looks close to home for new vice-chancellor". Times Higher Education. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Day, Prof Chris". Newcastle Hospitals. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Newcastle University appoints top medic as its new vice-chancellor". Chronicle Live. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- Vice Lord-Lieutenant and Deputy Lieutenants
| Vice-Chancellor of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne