Chris Bennett (admiral)
|Born||8 December 1937|
|Years of service||1956 – 1990|
He attended school at Kingswood College before joining the South African Navy.
He commanded the Minesweeper SAS Mosselbaai in 1972.:195 He was promoted to Rear Admiral in 1986 and appointed as Flag Officer Commanding Naval Command West until January 1989. In 1989 he was appointed Chief of Naval Staff and then as Chief of Naval Support. He retired in 1990
- Three Frigates - The South African Navy Comes of Age (2nd ed.). Durban, South Africa: Just Done Productions Publishing. 2006. ISBN 978-1-920169-02-2. Archived from the original on 4 September 2014. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- South Africa's Navy : A Navy of the People and for the People. 2008. ISBN 978-0-620-41446-3. with Arne Söderlund
- Bennett, Chris (2011). South African Naval events: day by day, 1488 to 2009. Simon's Town, South Africa: Naval Heritage Trust. ISBN 9780620430142. OCLC 730229500.
- "Chris Bennett - Who's Who". WhosWho.co.za. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- Goosen, C (1973). South Africa's Navy - the first Fifty years. W. J. Flesch & partners. ISBN 0 949989 02 9.
- "Vlootbevel oorhandig" [Navy command handed over] (in Afrikaans). Die Burger. 21 January 1989. Archived from the original on 5 December 2014. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "Persoonlik" [Personal] (in Afrikaans). Die Burger. 8 October 1988. Archived from the original on 5 December 2014. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- 26 November 1990. "Vloot-steun kry nuwe hoof" [Fleet support gets new head] (in Afrikaans). Die Burger. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Bennett, Chris. "The loss of SAS President Kruger: 18 February 1982". www.saspresidentkruger.com/. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
|New title|| Flag Officer Commanding NAVCOM West
1986 – 1989
Lambert Jackson Woodburne
| Chief of Naval Support
1989 – 1990
| Chief of Naval Staff
1988 – 1989