|City||Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin|
|Home arena||Chippewa Area Ice Arena|
|Head coach||Carter Foguth|
|Affiliates||New Ulm Steel (NA3HL)|
|2005–2010||North Iowa Outlaws|
|2010–2018||Coulee Region Chill|
The franchise began in 2005 as the North Iowa Outlaws based in Mason City, Iowa, where the team played for five seasons until moving to Onalaska, Wisconsin, in 2010 under owner Mark Motz as the Coulee Region Chill. The team was then sold to Michelle Bryant in 2012 and the franchise was eventually moved in 2014 to nearby La Crosse, Wisconsin, with games at the Green Island Ice Arena.
After the 2017–18 season, Chill owner Michelle Bryant sold the franchise Steve Black of JB Black Enterprise, LLC, the owner of the NA3HL's New Ulm Steel. Black relocated the Chill franchise to Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, as the Chippewa Steel to play out of Chippewa Area Ice Arena. Bryant would then rename her NA3HL team from La Crosse Freeze to Coulee Region Chill while continuing to play out of La Crosse. Al Rooney was named the Steel's first head coach and general manager, but was relieved of duties 23 games into his first season with a 5–16–1–1 record. Assistant coach Carter Foguth was named the interim head coach for the remainder of the season before be given the role permanently at the end of the season.
|North Iowa Outlaws|
|2005–06||58||18||37||3||39||149||219||1439||5th, Central||Did not qualify|
|2006–07||62||27||29||6||60||174||198||1446||4th, Central||Lost in 1st Round|
|2007–08||58||38||16||4||80||195||137||1209||1st, Central||Lost in 1st Round|
|2008–09||58||35||18||5||75||229||171||1107||2nd, Central||Eliminated in Robertson Cup Round Robin|
|2009–10||58||15||37||6||36||147||234||915||5th, Central||Did not qualify|
|Coulee Region Chill|
|2010–11||58||33||20||5||71||204||180||982||2nd(T), Central||Lost in Div. Finals|
|2011–12||60||18||35||7||43||162||229||996||4th, MidWest||Lost in Div. Semifinals|
|2012–13||60||16||39||5||37||157||224||849||6th, Central||Did not qualify|
|2013–14||60||31||28||1||63||181||181||1011||5th, Midwest||Did not qualify|
|2014–15||60||28||23||9||65||176||182||987||4th, Midwest||Lost in 1st Round|
|2015–16||60||33||26||1||67||177||165||883||4th, Midwest||Lost Div. Semifinal|
|2016–17||60||31||27||2||64||220||220||920||4th, Midwest||Lost Div. Semifinal|
|2017–18||60||17||34||9||43||162||214||661||5th, Midwest||Did not qualify|
|2018–19||60||19||38||3||41||149||220||1019||6th, Midwest||Did not qualify|
- First Round - Fargo-Moorhead Jets defeated North Iowa Outlaws 3-games-to-2
- First Round - Springfield Jr. Blues defeated North Iowa Outlaws 3-games-to-0
- First Round - Owatonna Express defeated North Iowa Outlaws 3-games-to-1
- North Iowa Outlaws advance to Robertson Cup round robin as HOST
- Robertson Cup Round Robin - North Iowa Outlaws (1-3) - Eliminated (L, 3-4 vs. Wild; L, 1-2 vs. Phantoms; L, 2-3 vs. Bobcats; W, 4-2 vs. Bandits)
- Division Semifinals - Coulee Region Chill defeated Owatonna Express 3-games-to-1
- Division Finals - Bismarck Bobcats defeated Coulee Region Chill 3-games-to-2
- Division Semifinals - St. Louis Bandits defeated Coulee Region Chill 3-games-to-0
- First Round - Minnesota Wilderness defeated Coulee Region Chill 3-games-to-2
- Division Semifinals – Fairbanks Ice Dogs defeated Coulee Region Chill 3-games-to-1
- Division Semifinals – Janesville Jets defeated Coulee Region Chill 3-games-to-0
- "Coulee Region Chill sold, will move to Chippewa Falls". La Crosse Tribune. May 1, 2018.
- "Coulee Region Chill sold and relocated to Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin". NAHL. April 30, 2018.
- "Chippewa Steel name Al Rooney as Head Coach/GM". NAHL. May 7, 2018.
- "NAHL: Rooney relieved of coaching duties with Chippewa Steel, Foguth named interim head coach". Chippewa.com. November 20, 2018.
- "NAHL: Chippewa Steel name Foguth head coach". Chippewa.com. April 9, 2019.