Children of the Ritz
|Children of the Ritz|
|Directed by||John Francis Dillon|
|Cinematography||James Van Trees|
|Edited by||Leroy Stone|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc.|
|7 reels (approximately 70 minutes)|
The movie was silent with its own Vitaphone soundtrack and sound effects recorded on Vitaphone phonographic records, and may have been released in dual silent and sound versions. The plot is based on a Cornell Woolrich story.
A spoiled rich girl falls for a poor chauffeur. Their situations are changed when her family loses all their money and he wins $50,000 at a racetrack. They get married, but it's not long before she starts spending their money the way she used to spend hers.
- Dorothy Mackaill - Angela Pennington
- Jack Mulhall - Dewey Haines
- James Ford - Gil Pennington
- Richard Carlyle - Mr. Pennington
- Evelyn Hall - Mrs. Pennington
- Kathryn McGuire - Lyle Pennington
- Frank Hall Crane - Butler (*Frank Crayne)
- Edmund Burns - Jerry Wilder (*Eddie Burns)
- Doris Dawson - Margie Haines
- Aggie Herring - Mrs. Haines
- Lee Moran - Gaffney
- Jane Laurell - *uncredited
Children of the Ritz is now considered a lost film.