Chief design officer
Chief design officer (CDO), or design executive officer (DEO), is a corporate title sometimes given to an executive in charge of an organization's design initiatives. The CDO is typically responsible for overseeing all design and innovation aspects of a company's products and services, including product design, graphic design, user experience design, industrial design, and package design. They may also be responsible for aspects of advertising, marketing, and engineering.
The position has emerged only recently, with chief design officers taking on roles that may have previously been assumed by a chief marketing officer, chief product officer, chief brand officer or delegated to lower-ranking design executives.
Chief Design Officers
|Peter Schreyer||Kia Motors|
|Anne Stenros||City of Helsinki|
|Christopher Hawthorne||City of Los Angeles|
|Rogier van der Heide||Philips Lighting, Zumtobel Group|
|Opher Yom-Tov||ANZ Bank|
- "GamingBuddy's CGD" Gamingbuddy official site
- "3M Names Eric Quint Chief Design Officer | 3M News | United States". news.3m.com. Retrieved 2015-09-24.
- "PepsiCo Creates Chief Design Officer Role". Retrieved 2015-09-24.
- "What does it mean to be a Chief Design Officer? Interview with Mauro Porcini" DesignWanted
- "Philips Chief Design Officer Sean Carney at Fortune Brainstorm Design" Official Philips website
- "Design infiltrates the boardroom with the emergence of the 'CDO'" Wired UK, May 2012
- “Inside USAA’s new 120-person Austin design studio”
- "Electrolux appoints Stefano Marzano to the new role of Chief Design Officer" Official Electrolux Site
- "A year as a Chief Design Officer" Helsinki Design Week
- "Why I'm leaving The Times for a job at City Hall" LA Times
- "Logitech Quadrupled Its Profits–With One Big Design Idea" Fast Co.
- "Rogier van der Heide new Chief Design Officer for Philips Lighting".
- "Rogier van der Heide to join Zumtobel Group as Chief Design Officer".
- "ANZ follows Apple with 'chief design officer'". Australian Financial Review. 2017-09-06. Retrieved 2019-02-06.