|Full name||Chukwudi Odiah|
|Date of birth||December 17, 1983|
|Place of birth||Port Harcourt, Nigeria|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 February 2012|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 05:07, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
Eagle Cement and Julius Berger
He began his career with Eagle Cement in the Nigeria Premier League, before moving to Julius Berger F.C. in 2000 for which he has played 10 games. In this year Julius Berger F.C. won the Nigeria Premier League.
In late 2000 he moved to Sheriff Tiraspol. For the time spent in Tiraspol, Odiah appeared in 58 games adding five goals, becoming one of the major players in the team. Sheriff dominated Moldovan football and Chidi won many honors: Moldovan National Division – 2000–01, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2003–04; Moldovan Cup – 2000/01, 2001/02; Moldovan Super Cup – 2003 and CIS Cup – 2003. He also gained experience in the UEFA Champions League qualifying phase.
In CIS Cup, he drew the attention of scouts CSKA and in 2004, Odiah joined CSKA Moscow on a four-year contract. Chidi was given the number 15 shirt. He made his debut for CSKA in the Russian Premier League against Rostov. He quickly took up position right back. Season 2005 was the best in his career, to date, Chukwudi won: Russian Premier League – 2005, Russian Cup – 2005, 2004–05 UEFA Cup (by beating Sporting Lisbon 3–1 in the Final on Estádio José Alvalade) and participation in the 2005 UEFA Super Cup. At quarter-finals 2004–05 UEFA Cup he scored the first goal in the 4–0 win over Auxerre. Last success in CSKA: quarter-finals 2009–10 UEFA Champions League and 2010–11 Russian Cup.
Odiah left CSKA Moscow by mutual consent on 16 February 2012. After Odiah's release from CSKA Moscow, there was an internet rumour that Odiah had retired from football and was now driving taxi's in the USA, a claim that Odiah denied.
Back to Julius Berger
In January 2015, Odiah came back from his 3-years retirement in order to play for his old football club Julius Berger
Chidi has represented his nation at various youth levels. He played for Nigeria U-17 national team to African U-17 Championship – winner of the tournament. On the next event, Meridian Cup, he was team captain. His premier match in the senior team took place in September 2004, in a match against Zimbabwe. Chidi also twice won the bronze medal with Nigeria senior team at the African Cup of Nations – 2006, 2010.
Odiah was chosen for the team of Nigeria to 2010 FIFA World Cup and in the first match against Argentina came into the starting lineup, as well in the match with South Korea, he made goal assist.
|CSKA Moscow||2004||Russian Premier League||21||0||6||0||-||27||0|
- Julius Berger
- Nigeria Premier League: 2000
- Sheriff Tiraspol
- Moldovan National Division: 2000–01, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2003–04
- Moldovan Cup: 2001, 2002
- Moldovan Super Cup: 2003
- CIS Cup: 2003
- Nigeria under-17 team
- "Player Profile". FIFA. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- uefa.com. "Member associations - News – UEFA.com". UEFA.com. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Sporting 1-3 CSKA Moscow". 18 May 2005. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Чиди Одиа покинул ПФК ЦСКА". pfc-cska.com (in Russian). PFC CSKA Moscow. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Chidi Odiah denies being a taxi driver in the US". 360nobs.com. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 March 2012. Retrieved 2011-10-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Chidi Odiah". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "C.Odiah". uk.soccerway.com/. Soccerway. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "33 best football players of Russian championship". news.rin.ru. Retrieved 14 May 2018.