Chelsea College of Science and Technology
Chelsea College of Science and Technology was established as a College of Advanced Technology on a single site on the corner of Manresa Road and King's Road, Chelsea, London SW3, as part of the University of London in 1966 and was granted its Royal Charter in 1971 at which time it was renamed Chelsea College. In 1985, it merged with King's College London.
Arms of Chelsea College
|Affiliations||King's College London, University of London|
|Merged with King's College London|
The site on Manresa Road had been earmarked for the college as early as 1890 and was opened as South West Polytechnic in 1895 and became the Chelsea Polytechnic in 1922. By 1965 Parliament was considering a move of the college to St Albans in Hertfordshire.
It incorporates the old Chelsea Public Library, which is a Grade II* listed building. It was built in 1890, and the architect was J. M. Brydon.
- "King's College London - Timeline". www.kcl.ac.uk.
- Teague, S. J. (1 October 1969). "Thoughts toward the early history of Chelsea College of science and technology, university of London". British Journal of Educational Studies. 17 (3): 262–266. doi:10.1080/00071005.1969.9973257.
- "Aleph main menu". www.kcl.ac.uk.
- "Chelsea College of Science and Technology: 6 May 1965: House of Commons debates - TheyWorkForYou". TheyWorkForYou.
- Historic England. "Details from listed building database (1266312)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- Chelsea College - A History (London, 1977)