Cheating Cheaters (1934 film)
Cheating Cheaters is a 1934 American comedy film directed by Richard Thorpe and written by James Mulhauser, Allen Rivkin and Gladys Buchanan Unger. The film stars Fay Wray, Cesar Romero, Minna Gombell, Henry Armetta, Francis L. Sullivan and Hugh O'Connell. The film was released on November 5, 1934, by Universal Pictures.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Richard Thorpe|
|Produced by||Stanley Bergerman|
|Screenplay by||(play) Max Marcin|
Gladys Buchanan Unger
Francis L. Sullivan
|Music by||Edward Ward|
|Edited by||Ray Curtiss|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
The Palmers, a gang of thieves posing as a wealthy family, move next door to the Lazarres with plans of robbing them. The Palmers don't realize is that the Lazarres are also a gang of criminals planning to rob their new wealthy neighbors, the Palmers.
- Fay Wray as Nan Brockton
- Cesar Romero as Tom Palmer
- Minna Gombell as Nell Brockton
- Henry Armetta as Prof. Tony Verdi
- Francis L. Sullivan as Dr. George Brockton
- Hugh O'Connell as Steve Wilson
- Wallis Clark as Mr. Palmer
- Ann Shoemaker as Mrs. Grace Palmer
- John T. Murray as Ira Lazarie
- George Barraud as Phil
- Morgan Wallace as Holmes
- Harold Huber as Edgar 'Legs' Finelli
- "Cheating Cheaters (1934) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- Hal Erickson. "Cheating Cheaters (1934) - Richard Thorpe | Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related". AllMovie. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Cheating Cheaters". Afi.com. Retrieved 2016-01-14.