Chaville is a commune in the Hauts-de-Seine department and Île-de-France region of north-central France. It lies some 12 km from the centre of Paris in the south-western suburbs of the French capital.
The town hall of Chaville
Coat of arms
Paris and inner ring départements
Chaville (Île-de-France (region))
|Coordinates: 48°48′31″N 2°11′19″E|
|Intercommunality||Grand Paris; EPT Grand Paris Seine Ouest|
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Jean-Jacques Guillet|
|3.55 km2 (1.37 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,700/km2 (15,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||63–173 m (207–568 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Chaville is bordered by the following communes (clockwise from the north):
Roughly 44% of the territory of the commune, situated between the forest of Meudon to the south-east and the forest of Fausses-Reposes to the north-west, is wooded.
Chaville was founded in the 9th century by Inchadus, Bishop of Paris. The earliest recorded form of the name is Inchadi villa.
Chaville is located on route D910 between Paris and Versailles. It is served by three railway stations and one bus line:
As of 2016 there are five preschools (maternelles) with 730 students total: Les Iris, Les Jacinthes, Le Muguet, Les Myosotis, and Les Pâquerettes As of the same year there are three elementary schools with 1,000 students total: Anatole France, Paul Bert, and Fernand Buisson. There is one junior high school, Collège Jean Moulin de Chaville.
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "Écoles maternelles." Chaville. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Écoles élémentaires." Chaville. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Collège." Chaville. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- Home page. Lycée Jean Pierre Vernant. Retrieved on September 7, 2016. [...]qui relèvent de la zone de desserte du lycée ( communes de Sèvres, Ville d’Avray, Chaville, Saint -Cloud) [...]
- "Lycée." Chaville. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.