The Chateau Aeroport-Mirabel is an abandoned resort themed hotel at the Mirabel International Airport in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada. It is located next to where the airport's passenger terminal building formerly stood, and was connected to it via a skyway (still left standing). The hotel closed in 2002.
Opened in 1977 by Canadian Pacific Hotels under the name "Chateau Aeroport". The property was developed along the same visual lines of other CP Hotels properties of the era, including the Chateau Airport Calgary and the Red Oak Inns of Thunder Bay and Peterborough. It had a large indoor atrium style foyer with fully grown palm trees, garden foliage, swimming pool and heated whirlpool; over which most rooms looked. It also had a glass elevator and terraced restaurant. High season was November to May. In the past it accommodated passengers departing on early morning flights out of Mirabel Airport, with the 344 room and 11 suite complex located directly across from the airport terminal.
The hotel was a victim of the airport's decline. On August 26, 2002, facing high vacancies due to Mirabel Airport's dwindling usage, it closed after 25 years in service. Mirabel was eventually closed for passenger traffic in 2004.
The building has sat abandoned for nearly two decades. In February 2011 it was announced the site would reopen as a hotel and conference centre. Syscomax, a construction and management company, signed a long term lease with Montreal Airport ADM to operate the former hotel. Renovations were started on the adjacent eight-storey administration building with plans for it to be used by aerospace companies until complete. Plans for a 2012 and then a revised 2014 reopening fell through, as no work was ever started. In November 2014 a decision announced by Aeroports de Montreal saw the demolition of the adjacent airport terminal building and outdoor parking structures complete by 2016. The hotel has since been boarded up and left to deteriorate.
- Whyte, D. (1998). Scotland. Landmark Pub. pp. 1–183. ISBN 9781901522181. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- "Le Château Mirabel réouvert - Actualité - Accès Laurentides - le journal indépendant des Laurentides". journalacces.ca. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- TVA Interactif. "Le Château de l'Aéroport Mirabel va renaître - Argent, 7 février 2011". argent.canoe.ca. Archived from the original on 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- "Mirabel: le Château reprendra vie | Marie Tison | Québec". affaires.lapresse.ca. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- "Aérogare Mirabel". tva.canoe.ca. Retrieved 2014-10-24.