|Former editors||Kit Williams|
|Circulation||331,102 (ABC Jul - Dec 2013)|
Print and digital editions.
History and profile
Chat was launched in 1985. The magazine also includes weekly features such as: Ooo...Spooky! and Ruth the Truth, Your Stars, Ahh Kids, Write to Chat, Blimey! That's clever, and On the Telly, among others. As well as including features, the magazine may include puzzles, such as sudokus, crosswords, word search or arrowords. Indeed, the magazine publishes a spin-off magazine devoted to arrowords. Kit Williams edited the magazine, which includes mostly real life stories.
The phrase chat mags has been used to add a collective term to describe the weekly, low-priced, casual-read magazines marketed at women, in the same way that the phrase "lad's mags" is used to describe a similar category of men's magazines.
- "Chat". Time Inc UK. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "History". Time Inc UK. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Women's weekly magazines". Magforum. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- William Turvill (24 June 2013). "Zoo Weekly founder: Feminists should target women's weeklies – not lads' mags". Press Gazette. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "ABC Certificates and Reports: Chat". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 14 February 2014.