Charles Maurice Haid III (born June 2, 1943) is an American actor and film director, with notable work in both movies and television. He is best known for his portrayal of Officer Andy Renko in Hill Street Blues.
Haid during the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike
Charles Maurice Haid III
June 2, 1943
|Spouse(s)||Elisabeth Harmon-Haid (1992–present) |
Deborah Richter (1985–1988)
Penelope Windust (1975–1984)
Haid was born in San Francisco, California, the son of Grace Marian (née Folger) and Charles Maurice Haid, Jr. He attended Carnegie Institute of Technology (now Carnegie Mellon University), where he met Steven Bochco. He was associate producer of the original stage production of Godspell in 1971, which was developed at CMU.
Haid's acting credits include the 1976/1977 series Delvecchio as Sgt. Paul Schonski, the 1980s series Hill Street Blues as Officer Andy Renko, and the 1980 movie Altered States as Dr. Mason Parrish. In 1984, Haid was cast as "The Fatman" (or just "Fats") in the never released movie The House of God.
In 2004–05, he played C.T. Finney, a corrupt New York police captain on the sixth season of the NBC show Third Watch. Haid provided the voice of the one-legged rabbit "Lucky Jack" in the 2004 Disney animated film Home on the Range. Twenty years earlier, Haid had voiced main character "Montgomery Moose" in the pilot episode of The Get Along Gang, produced by Nelvana. He was replaced by Sparky Marcus for the subsequent series.
His directing credits include an episode of ER that earned him a Directors Guild Award and nominations for the TV movie Buffalo Soldiers and an episode of NYPD Blue. He was a regular director on the FX series Nip/Tuck. He also directed for the FX series Sons of Anarchy and AMC's Breaking Bad. He is a regular director for the CBS series Criminal Minds, for which he also portrayed serial killer Randall Garner (a.k.a. "The Fisher King").
- The Execution of Private Slovik (1974, TV movie) as Brockmeyer
- Alex & the Gypsy (1976) as Second Goon
- The Choirboys (1977) as Nick Yanov
- A Death in Canaan (1978, TV movie) as Sgt. Case
- The Bastard (1978, TV movie) as George Lumden
- Who'll Stop the Rain (1978) as Eddie Peace
- Deathmoon (1978) as Earl Wheelie
- Oliver's Story (1978) as Stephen Simpson
- Altered States (1980) as Mason Parrish
- Pray TV (1980) as Buck Sunday
- Twirl (1981, TV movie) as Matt Jordan
- The House of God (1984) as Fats (The Fatman)
- Six Against the Rock (1987, TV movie) as Sam Shockley
- Weekend War (1988, TV movie) as Sgt. Kupjack
- Cop (1988) - Delbert 'Whitey' Haines
- The Rescue (1988) as Cmdr. Howard
- The Great Escape II: The Untold Story (1988, TV movie) as Sgt. MacKenzie
- The Revenge of Al Capone (1989, TV movie) as Alex Connors
- Nightbreed (1990) as Captain Eigerman
- The Dreamer of Oz: The L. Frank Baum Story (1990, TV movie) as Al Badham / Cowardly Lion
- Storyville (1992) as Abe Choate
- NYPD Blue - Good Time Charlie (1994) as Charlie
- Home on the Range (2004) as Lucky Jack (voice)
- Sensitivity Training (2016) as Glenn
- Charles Haid Biography (1943-)
- http://litmed.med.nyu.edu/Annotation?action=view&annid=10043 The House of God at the Literature, Arts and Medicine Database of NYU.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charles Haid.|